What’s The Plot?
The Atlantean despot Magda the Mad needs the willing hand of Prince Charles Charming in marriage to unlock some kind of magical…stuff. He’s not too keen on that plan and has made his way to our world in attempt to escape her, making this lover’s quarrel the problem of Looking Glass. Even Earth’s primary defense against renegade fairy tales know when they’re outclassed, so Alice recruits the remaining three Avengers (Snow White, Sleeping Beauty, & Red Riding Hood) to end Magda’s threat to the multiverse of fairy tale dimensions.
Who Made This Beautiful Garbage?
The Asylum, naturally – who else would be making an Avengers: Infinity War mockbuster starring fairy tale characters? It explicitly links their previous Avengers: Age of Ultron mockbuster, Avengers Grimm, and their Suicide Squad mockbuster, Sinister Squad, with a surprisingly large dose of X-Men: Days of Future Past and a smidgen Aquaman mockbustering tossed in for flavor.
Where is a good place to sell Avengers movie memorabilia online?
Five Reasons to See It
- A line is tossed in about the Sinister Squad being on leave, necessitating Alice’s use of the princess Avengers. It’s thin, but it explains the team-up.
- We are on our THIRD Rumpelstiltskin in this franchise! He claims a few times that he’s a different Rumpelstiltskin, but that doesn’t work if there’s to be any continuity in this franchi….why am I bothering?
- Alice is revealed to have shrinking/growing powers to go with Mad Hatter’s hallucinogen-fueled psychic powers, Snow White’s ice throwing, and Sleeping Beauty’s instant knockout. Red Riding Hood remains a mortal BAMF, has learned how to use guns in her time on Earth, and is thus still the best member of the team.
- Magda is, unlike most characters in the franchise to date, not clearly based on any existing fairy tale character. There’s a little bit of little mermaid in there (her henchpeople are called “mermen”, she’s in “love” with the surface person, she’s a fairy tale princess) but that’s a guess and a thin one at that.
- “The wedding’s off, Magda. You oughta know – there’s plenty of fish in the sea.” – Prince Charming taunts a vicious Atlantean conqueror with a fish joke.
The charm of this franchise has increased with each new installment, as the creation of a shared universe (such as it is…) requires at least a little care on the part of the production team. You should know what you’re getting into, but it is a fun way to waste a cold & rainy afternoon (and it’s streaming on Amazon Prime).
Come Back Next Week for a New Strange Times & Places!